Impossible Things Before Breakfast

A blog about having a baby, writing a book, and other impossible things.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Six months minus three days

Today is my first day back at work. And despite the fact that I have intended all along to come back on this date, wanted to do it, and have had six months to prepare for it, it was still torture leaving Alice at home this morning.

So, to cheer myself up I've been thinking of the plus points:

1) I have a fighting chance of getting through the day without my clothes becoming covered in sicked up milk and half digested carrot (unless we have some REALLY ill-mannered students this year).

2) I might get some adult conversation instead of n repetitions of 'Row Row Row Your Boat'.

3) I don't have to think about routes avoiding steps whenever I go anywhere. And I can sit wherever I like on the train.

4) Nobody is likely to yank my hair out (it's not the searing agony that I mind so much as the alarming number of WHITE hairs that now end up being clutched triumphantly in a chubby fist...)

5) An actual lunch break, dictated by logic and preference rather than the whims of an infant.

6) Significantly less ear-splitting crying.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home